Thursday, September 10, 2009

We do have a plan!

Work is crazy at the moment, the academic year has started and I hardly have time to eat! So I didn't manage to update on our meeting with the Super Doctor.

It went very well, of course he said we just have to try again and hopefully our embryos will stick to the right place. We dicussed a lot the stats of another ectopic pregnancy, but he said that if it happens again we'll make a publication out of it! And to basically stay positive and hopefully things will be fine. When we'll be ready to go again I'll be on the same short protocol which worked really well for me. Of course I told him about the HCG being still high and the "wait and see" attitude of Dr. A. He also thinks it's probably good too see if it'll decrease on its own and that there is no real reason to panic as the increase was so minimal. In fact he said that if some cells have in fact been left behind, it may be to my advantage as some scarring of the stump may take place blocking the access even more. I asked him about more surgery before going again (remember? to remove the stumps and the fybroid) but in his opinion could be a bit excessive. So we'll see. Overall it was a great meeting and we came out quite reassured. Then we bumped into the Favourite Doctor and she wanted to know all about how I was, so she brought us into one of the scan rooms and we had a great chat. She thinks this HCG value is high but you never know, she said with me she woudn't be surprised if there was in fact a second ectopic! But obviously I'm feeling well so she's not worried and on friday we'll know in any case. Her husband happens to be an oncologyst and we found out we live very near! I asked her about the methotrexate shot and she said it's very effective but that I can be sick for a few days if I have to get it done. I may loose some hair (hopefully from the legs!) but the dose is so mild I may not even notice. She wants me to stay in touch and le her know how things work out.
Tomorrow it'll be a very early start as I'm teaching at 10 and I have to drive into town beforehand for the blood test! Better going to bed early tonight...

10 comments:

BB said...

That sounds like a great meeting! It is always great to have a POA! :)

Courtney said...

I hope your appointments continue to go well!

Momasita said...

I'm glad that your appointment went so well and that you do indeed have a plan! Favourite Doctor sounds awesome! Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Kate said...

I sure hope he's right! Both your doctors sound great, and like they really care.

Flower said...

Praying that all goes well...please KUP with your blood results.

Best When Used By said...

It was great that you got to see both of the doctors and get both of their opinions. You get another HCG level drawn tomorrow, right? So hopefully it's going down, down, down. I like that they gave you good information and that they feel assured you can get pregnant next time! (no, young lady, you are NOT to appear as the centerpiece of a 3-ectopic scientific article!).

So once your HCG returns to baseline, will they start the protocol again?

Anonymous said...

I love reading about "great" meetings. That was really sweet of Favourite Doc to sit down with you for an update as well. So nice to feel truly supported by the docs.

tireegal68 said...

a plan, a plan! Oh how we all LOVE plans!!! I know I do. I am glad you have one and that you are feeling optimistic! Yippee!
(HUGS)

Mad Hatter said...

So glad you have a plan and that you have your favourite doctor! I really hope those numbers go down so all you need to worry about is eating and sleeping well and preparing your body for a new beginning! Thinking of you.
Love,
Maddy

Michele said...

sending many prayers your way... my dear friend had the mex shot and she felt like crap for about a week before it wore off. she had a tubal, a m/c, and was so fearful that her pregnancies wouldnt implant/go to term. It was a rough journey and even now, 11w after a longer-than-full term birth, she is still terrified that she will have to do this all over again and lose her other tube. It's horrible the things loss and IF do to you.

Sending you big hugs and I am so happy things looked good at your appt.