Saturday, December 26, 2009

The last one for 2009

My dear readers, I hope you had a great Christmas and peaceful time with your loved ones. I've been at home for almost a week and the frenzy of the shopping, cooking and catching up surrounded me from day one.

First of all, thank you to my new followers for joining in, I hope you'll stay and get to know me a bit better. There are nealry 50 of you! you all mean so much to me, your support is precious, I'm sure you know this already, and I'll need all the support I can get in the next couple of months.

And then here's what I've been up to in the last few days.

A great thing I discovered this time in Italy has been meditation. I never practiced it before and my sister (who's a bit of a yoga-health-relaxation expert) convinced me to go to a class on tuesday evening for a guided session centred on the theme of peace. I loved it. The next day I bought a book and a CD and definitely the new decade will see me embracing this new practice. if you are interested I can recommend the book I got which apparently was written by a well-known guru. I'll also write a bit more on meditation in the new year when I have more time, but for now I have to say, it was an eye-opener. Definitely more me than acupuncture and possibly more than reiki. I think I'll go again for reiki with the new cycle and I'll associate meditation with it!

We had a bit of drama on wednesday, I brought my sister to the eye-ER around 3 am to find out that she had a corneal ulcer. Damn. For a bit we weren't sure if she could join us on our skiing trip but we got the all clear today. So that was a definitely a good Christmas present.

Christmas Eve and Christmas day were traditionally spent at home, the all lot of us, making it to a head-spinning number of 6 people around the table! It's a great thing Mike comes too, although I'm not sure he'll be coming next year (that'll be 5 years in a row...) but I really don't want to miss out on this days with my family, at least until my granny is with us. Afterwards, we'll see, I suppose we'll start alternating years like it's tradition...and it'll be a major sign of love on my side eating turkey and ham instead of my traditional Christmas dinner...

Anyway, we are off skiing tomorrow, we got a lot of snow here so I'm egar to get to the slopes! I'll have the company of AF for a few days (knocked at the door today to see if she could join in right on time wohoooo) which also means I'm starting the pill probably tomorrow as I'm not really bleeding yet. I'll be on it for just 3 weeks!!! Basically a normal pill cycle! It's a different brand this time, I needed a little change, let's hope it'll agree with me. Oh dear...the rollercoaster is about to start again...we'll see how the new-zen-me will cope this time.

2010 here I come. Be kind to me, that's all I ask for.

9 comments:

Michele said...

Listen up 2010- Be good to Fran!!!

Glad you had a nice Christmas. And I love, LOVE, L-O-V-E meditation. It's wonderful. Such a way to ground and connect.

Heather said...

I hope 2010 is good to both of us! And I'm so jealous you are going skiing. I haven't been in over a decade, and I normally hate the cold, but there is something about skiing that is so relaxing to me.

Happy new year!

tireegal68 said...

I love the idea of meditating I am really not good at it though. Would love to know the book and CD you got.
Your hols sounds fun - I wish I could go skiing - never been always wanted to:) Have fun! Goodl luck with the new BCPS

Courtney said...

I hope 2010 is a wonderful year for you! Good luck with the BCPs and this new cycle!

Best When Used By said...

So happy to hear you are having a wonderful holiday at home. I hope 2010 brings you everything your heart desires! The meditation will be quite useful as you begin your next cycle - which is only days away. Be safe and enjoy the rest of your holiday!

Mad Hatter said...

Yes, 2010, be gentle with dear Fran! Your holidays sound lovely! So glad your sister is okay, and that you are surrounded by family and can't wait to hear about your experiences meditating!...BTW, when we spend Christmas with Mr. Hatter's mangiacake family, I make gnocchi to add to the feast and everyone loves it! Looking forward to being there to support you throughout January and February, my friend!
Love,
Maddy

C said...

Great to hear from you! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time at "home".

All the best in 2010. It will be YOUR year!

xxoo

Bec said...

Happy New Year! I have a feeling 2010 is going to be a good year for you :)

Clare said...

Happy New Year Fran! Hope you have a wonderful time on the slopes, best way to start the new year in my opinion. Lots of fresh mountain air and exercise... oh and rich food! Hoping this is THE year for you... I have a good feeling. Big big hugs!