Sunday, June 20, 2010

Nine weeks today!

And nine! Hoping all is well with Elvis of course, and I'm trying to stay positive.

I feel well most of the time, I do have a bit of nausea mostly in the afternoon and evening and my stomach swells after I eat something. Boobs are definitely very big and quite sore, I am also very hungry and I've put on a bit of weight. I do think I have a bit of a bump too but maybe it's my imagination.

Unfortunately another sad news in the blog World hit me on friday. My friend Adele saw no heartbeat at her scan and they think it may be chromosomal again. Please stop by to give her support. It is also so frightening to see how temporary pregnancies can be...

On a different note, the weather in Ireland at the moment is something else! Sunshine and very warm, even the cats can't stay in sun for too long now! This week is going to be an important one, I have my scan on Thursday (please please please... Elvis be bigger and healthy) and my third student is defending her PhD thesis on Friday. All going well, next weekend we'll have plenty to celebrate!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that the weather has been nice! I will be hoping the best for your scan and students this week! I am so excited for you!

HopeBPatient said...

So very excited for you! I'm right behind you at 8w2d now. Great to hear that you don't have the nausea too badly. I've got wishful-thinking symptoms. :-) Every now and then I get a faint feeling of nausea, but then it passes and I eat everything in sight! Trying to take off the 3 pounds I seem to have gained last week alone!

Michele said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for Elvis!!!

Type A Nightmare said...

YAY for week 9!!! Just 4 more weeks until the 2nd trimester and a big sigh of relief. ;) Congrats! And good luck!

ICLW

Eileen said...

WOoooo hoooooooo!!! One more week til double digits! Can't wait to hear all about your next fabulous appointment. Praying for you as always here.

Anonymous said...

Yay for awesome weather! And double Yay for nearly double figures - sure all will be well with Elvis honey. Deep breaths.

xxx

Momasita said...

Congratulations on 9 weeks. That is fabulous! Good luck with the scan on Thursday, can't wait to hear how it goes. I know Elvis will be there dancing up a storm.

Enjoy the warm weather!

Adele said...

Nine is a beautiful, beautiful number. I am so glad you are doing well.

And thank you, Fran, for your love and support. It has meant so much.

Life Happens said...

Yay for 9 weeks! I hope the appt goes well on Thursday!

Saige said...

Of course I will braid the dog hair for you for Thursday! Although, I don't think you need it. ;)

I have to say, I was in early maternity pants by the time I was 10 weeks, so yes, I think you are starting to bump out a bit. I can't remember, but it seems like your uterus is probably around the size of a small grapefruit right now, which means it is starting to protrude! Do something fun and go buy some maternity pants!

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Yea for 9 weeks!! Praying for Elvis and for you.
The weather here in Texas is HOT...we are supposed to reach 100 degrees today. Ugh! I think I'll spend the day in the pool.