Sunday, September 26, 2010

Still a papaya! Yet I'm 23 weeks

Another week under the belt!! Woohoo! I'm feeling well and in fact some symptoms have improved a lot.
The swelling around the ankles is completely gone, this may be due to a cooler temperature (but in Ireland it hardly went above 20°C when the fluid retention started) or it may just have been one of those things that comes and goes. I'm glad it's gone for now.
The Braxton-Hicks contractions have also disappeared which is great because even though it was normal it made me feel a bit more anxious. I'll gladly welcome them back further on. I have to say after the OB visit on friday I do feel a bit more confident that things are ok.
Little Elvis is moving very regularly after breakfast, after lunch and in the evening until I go to bed. When I get up for a pee Elvis also moves around a bit but it definitely doesn't affect my sleep.
Energy is pretty good, although yesterday I did quite a lot of walking between shopping and heardresser and ice-cream (yes I know about the weight...sure who would say no to an ice cream when they are just so so delicious??) and I was in bed before 10 pm!
Tomorrow I'm travelling to Florence as I am part of an examining panel for MSc degrees (in fact one of my current student will defend her MSc thesis) and on tuesday morning I'm meeting some colleagues from my home town University to discuss common projects. I have also a bit more shopping to do as tomorrow is Mike's birthday and I have a nice idea in mind, I hope I can find what I'm looking for.

I can't remember if I had updated recently on the attic project, but we are at tender stage and hopefully we'll be able to get going in the next two-three weeks! The agreement is that everything must be finished by early December. Let's hope!

11 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Congrats :) viability 1 week!!!

Momasita said...

Yay for 23 weeks! I don't think the fruit will change until 25/26 weeks.

Glad to hear that things are basically back to normal.

Saige said...

I'm glad the unpleasantness has let up and your ankles have gone back down. Perhaps you just had some water retention?

Have a safe and uneventful trip (as far as pregnancy goes ;) ).

Flower said...

My heart lights up everytime I see your posts. I am so happy for you :)

Alex said...

Finally catching up... So glad to hear you and Elvis are doing well!

tireegal68 said...

Great news! Glad to hear that you are walking between ice creams - that always helps:)
Isn't the movement grand?
xoox

Anonymous said...

You are a busy lady! I would always say yes to ice cream, too. Even when I was not permitted to eat dairy, I found coconut ice cream!

You sound wonderful and Elvis seems to be doing great. Gosh, so hard to believe it's 23 weeks already! The attic project has been in the works for so long, I hope it's done by the time Elvis arrives!

Nick and Kristi said...

Hi Fran...To funny about the Hubs saying we r Americans...I guess we picked some really American names:) I cant wait to see your guys list:)

Babysteps said...

Just found your blog and I just wanted to say Congrats on your amazing pregnancy and WOW you've been through so much. As a fellow IF Sister I want to wish you all the best with your pregnancy!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all is going good Fran.xxx

Wishing 4 One said...

Yeah yeah yeah Fran! How I've missed you. Been so busy here getting ready for Superbaby, but think of you often. You don't know how HAPPY I am for you girl! I promise to check in on you more often my friend. xoxoxo